Author Topic: The Health Care Reform Bill  (Read 3064 times)

fj-rankenstein

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
Re: The Health Care Reform Bill
« on: Nov 25, 2009, 01:42:17 AM »
I see a lot of this stemming from people's total ignorance of Canada's government controlled health care system, which the media hasn't helped with either.  People are too dumb or lazy to research things on their own, so when I news agency takes 3 seconds to repeatedly say something like "Canada has free health care, why shouldn't we?", then that's all people will latch onto.  What most aren't going to realize (until it's too late!) is that you don't just walk into a Canadian doctor's office, say "I'm sick" and get treated right away.  From what I've read in several different articles over the years is that you wait in looooong lines, finally get to see a doctor and say "I'm sick", and they say, "ok, how sick are you?".  The issue is then quickly analyzed and you're given your return date to be treated based on case load and urgency, which I've heard can easily be 2 weeks.

Now add to that being told you need to go to the doctorb less often for routine checkups and it makes me  :shudder:  Then add to that being forced to have health care no matter what and it almost makes me wanna go live in a hut in the woods  :shake: 

actually dude, it pretty much is as easy just to go down to the corner medi clinic and say "im sick" and usually within 20 minutes you go and get treated..  time of day and depending on when the flu season hits wait times go up and down but overall there are enough health clinics and doctors offices around here to give a person a choice of where might be busy or not..  this whole h1n1 thing has got a lot of people up in arms and the clinics and doctors offices have been quite busy, but this is the case everywhere around the world..  personally, i have never waited for any longer than an hour for medical attention or advise but its for never anything that serious..  when i crushed my foot at work i was rushed right through, had xrays, and was in and out within the hour.. when i hurt my back, it was the same thing..  for any serious sprains, cuts, etc, i have always been attended to right away...  and its always been free....  you have to pay for small things like tensor bandages  (3 bucks) and if you need crutches you have to pay for those (25 bucks) but if you go to the right places still you can get crutches on loan if you cant afford the 25 bucks..  i have friends that have broke their backs, been seriously injured, have had family and friends that had to have heart and lung transplants and its always been free... no questions asked. heck, i had my ears pinned back when i was younger due to hearing issues and it was free.. last summer when i injured my back at work really badly, my physio, my doctors appointments and everything medical i had to go through was all free.. i cant see how this isnt  a good thing.. a lot of other countries operate on the same basis. i cant see why the U.S. is so backwards on this matter..
 although the canadian system isnt 100% perfect, it is very good. i dont see why if people actually do the research they can improve on the imperfections of our health care system and the other 36 countries health care system that are ahead of the U.S. and make it something that is excellent. of course there are going to be high initial costs but the end product is always worth it.. at least in the experiences with most of the people that i know..
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs: