Author Topic: Possible 3RZ swap in the near future :)  (Read 3418 times)

NY_crawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 53
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Possible 3RZ swap in the near future :)
« on: Sep 16, 2009, 05:14:04 AM »
get me a compleate list of all the parts u need, my local c4c yard is going to crush a 97 reg cab 5 spd taco.  it has a siezed up motor , but everything else is there.  i can get the ecu, wiring harness for sure, are u also needing the intake?

From what my dad said, the engine will be just a long block. He works in NJ and I am in Buffalo so it might be a few weeks until he gets it back here. I would think it would be a safe bet that I would need everything except the top/bottom ends and the exhaust manifold. I will be going with a mini-header on this. This would include the intake/air box, fuel rail, first few feet of the fuel lines, injectors, emissions junk such as evap, O2 sensor, exhaust collector (maybe the cat?), wiring, ECU, the brackets for PS pump (I will be using my PSC pump) Alt bracket, harmonic balancer, idler pulley, starter and maybe the W59 bell housing  with clutch slave cylinder. I am sure this is not a complete list, but it's all I can think of off the top of my head. I think I will just be going with an electric fan so I would not need the stock one. 

How soon are they going to crush the Taco? If it is the next few days, it would not be worth it until I can see if this engine even will run. I still have more research to do on this project in the mean time.

Also, if you know a ball park price what these parts would cost, that would be great too.

ETA: I guess I will add my current setup.

I have an 85 x-cab that had a carb but I did the EFI swap in. It still has the G series trans so I know I will have to swap that out and get a W56 but should be able to get one fairly cheap I think. I also swapped in an SR5 gauge cluster so I am good on that part I think.

I have the carb gas tank, so would I need the sending unit and pump out for the tacoma? Right now I am running an inline pump (ES1000?) but would like to relocate it as it is under the truck by the frame rail. I had no problems with it thus far, but I would not want it to crap out on me from submerging it in some deep water.
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2009, 07:12:25 AM by NY_crawler »