Author Topic: Make Sure That Bear is Dead....  (Read 7122 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Make Sure That Bear is Dead....
« Reply #30 on: Aug 24, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
Might help to also note you helped a bear guide for many years before completely retiring from hunting  ;)

ok I will admit that I dont know the laws on hunting. I wouldnt say am ignorant

You would and you did say you are ignorant.  I will admit I don't know how congress really works, which makes me ignorant.  So often when people are truly ignorant, not just on one subject but on most things, they take offense when being called ignorant.  It's ok to be ignorant, but letting your ignorance get you involved in things which you know nothing of is just dumb  :thumbs:

Since you say you just don't understand why kill a bear, what do you not understand about killing bears?  It has nothing to do with doing what you have to do to live, this isn't the wild west!  It's been stated here several times; the meat is very tasty!  Some people just shoot them for their hide, which to me is just plain wrong - you should eat what you kill - while others shoot them just for their gall bladder, which is illegal and is just as bad as shooting one and leaving it where it falls.

I don't live in fear either, and I too can't for the life of me figure out what that has to do with killing bears  :dunno:  Many bears (and other animals) are killed each year because they've surpassed being a nuisance and have become too comfortable around humans to retain a safe situation, but that's not hunting, that's depredation. 

I just think out of the norm which isnt wrong.

Sadly, you don't think out of the norm at all.  The majority of the population is just as ignorant as you, which is one huuuuuge reason why hunting is so often looked upon so negatively.  I fully believe that hunter and gun safety courses should be required in school no matter where the school is located.  Both these would drastically help to alleviate the utter ignorance of so many people.  Most anti hunting and anti gun folk have that mentality due to complete ignorance.  Hopefully being educated properly on these subjects would help people to have at least a basic understanding, and ultimately would hopefully help them drop their unsubstantiated fears of that which they don't know.

I don't want you to quit posting in this thread just yet.  I'd still like to see you better explain your situation and views. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!