Author Topic: Something a little new and different  (Read 16100 times)

notyourmomslx450

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 200
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
Re: Something a little new and different
« Reply #30 on: Aug 02, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »
i really like those bumpers, wish i had dimple dies....  one question though, on the front bumper, why did they two piece the upper hoop and three piece the middle horizontal bar.....you can see where they but welded em together?.... I know its plenty strong especially if they sleeved it like they should when butt welding but wouldn't it be stronger if it was one piece of tubing
It was done that way b/c this was a fully custom, one off first run.  the main boxed part was done first, and welded up before we decided on the look of the rest of the bumper.  And yes, the joints are sleeved and rosette welded.  the rosettes are ground smooth.

I'll post up some pics soon that show the impacts the bumpers have taken since it was built.  Neither bumper has deflected a fraction of an inch.  I've already bowed the driver's side slider, though. :D
-Jason

"Daily Destroyer"-'94 xtra cab, solid axle, longs super set, 5.29s, detroits, dual ultimate, 37" MTRs, bobbed 12", Gulf Coast Crawl Shop bumpers, custom dents :eek:
"The Anchor"-'97 LX450, OME J-springs & L-shocks, spring spacers, wheel spacers, 35" Super Swamper SSRs, ARB, rack, it's just getting started