Author Topic: I just got fired!  (Read 5641 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: I just got fired!
« Reply #30 on: Jul 17, 2009, 06:30:11 PM »
I could file it online initially but have to mail the bi-weekly cards in.  Got some good info from the lady at edd today on filing and fixing a likely mistake I made filing, and found a couple more jobs to apply for.  One sounds like a boring assembly line type position, injection molding operator, but it's fairly close and is at the now defunct Skyway bicycle factory.  I'm not holdin out hope, but we'll see.

I'm also going to attend the next available computer class.  Lots of jobs seem to require some basic computer skills I lack, like word perfect and other programs, which I never use so I'm bound to fail.  I also need to try and find a program which will teach me how to use a register and do the credit cards sales, etc.  I know it sounds simple, but there are so many people out there who can already use the registers, so given the choice an employer will undoubtedly go for one of them.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!