Author Topic: need to pull head after all...  (Read 2102 times)

drayday55

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 299
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
Re: need to pull head after all...
« on: Jun 12, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »
wow, i really would like to run faster than 70 without death wobble!

i cant figure out what it is.   the axles are new drive shaft is new
I'm thinking its the toe??   i never touched it  could this shake at between 65 and 75?
also was thinking it was the d-shaft but i took my bore scope (seesnake) camera and ran it under the truck while i drove it
i pointed it at the carrier bearing-  i saw no abnormal vibration from the d-shaft.

as for the head  , yeah I'm thinking of getting a pro street cam, i don't want to change the rockers though.
i went to the yard today and got a rocker.  i found a couple of rocker Assemblies by some celica/supras.  hope they are the same  i think so.    noticed the adjusters were rounded   can i grind the tips like valves?  or buy new?

i also started polishing the combustion chamers with some sand paper by hand. really went quick. i only did  #3 and it looks pretty damn good to me!  smoothed out all sharp edges any unnecessary ridges were ground down between the valves.
I'm gonna smoother out the back end of the seats and the rest of the runners with a dremmel and then hand polish the rest.
gonna leave the intake rough  most likely just use some 80 grit sand paper and rough sand it so the a/f mixture still combines well. the exhaust and combustion chamber will get smooth out to 600 grit after . ill post some pics after i complete the whole #3 from in to out!  port match all.  i also hid a complete efi intake at the j-yard waiting for sale day 1/2 off sale!!

should i cut down the valve guide?  obviously this will accelerate wear and totally contradict my objective , but this is a Chinese head and i don't think ill get more than 80 thousand miles out of it.
thanks for the tips  79coyotefrg