Author Topic: is it possible???  (Read 2067 times)

Mountain Yoat

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: is it possible???
« on: Jan 03, 2005, 12:30:01 PM »
     I'm in the early stages of installing a 3.4L 5VZ-FE into a 1985 truck/frame :cool: The 1985 truck has fuel tank, lines, brakelines etc. running down the Passenger (left) side My doner truck was a 1998 Taco and everything is opposite. The exhaust is routed down the Passenger side and everything else is on the driver's side including the front propeller shaft. I believe that the best weight distribution should have the fuel tank on passenger side. :headscratch:  (or maybe I should put both tanks in?) In order to match the 3.4 to the 1985 frame configuration I grabed a 3.0L bell to put the Clutch slave back to the right side. :thumbs: I then discovered all 3.0 R150 trannies, as well as having the throwout lever on the right side, have a shorter inputshaft, bellhousing and a larger OD inputshaft bearing. If the ID of these two different bearings is the same I could take my 95.5+ bearing and put it on a Pre 95.5 input shaft. Problem solved!  :biggthumpup:  Any help here would be muchly appreciated :bowdown:   :turtle: