Author Topic: What was your first........  (Read 1834 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first........
« on: May 25, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »
Found an old 72 landcruiser sitting on the side of the road, covered with leaves and cob-webs, with a faded "for sale" sign. Looked like it had been forgotten there for quite a while. I'd been wheeling a 72 Blazer, and while it was a beast and could go most places, it was more brawn than graceful wheeling. Anyway, they wanted 2 grand for the thing. I tentatively knocked on the door, hoping I wouldn't get shot. The old woman answering the door said it was her husbands, who had died a few years ago. She put it out there, and promptly forgot about it. We chatted for a while, and by the time I was leaving, it was mine for $1,100. She wanted it gone, and I prolly could have talked her down to just about nothing, but she needed some cash for something.

Always loved the body style of the old FJ40's, and this was a good opportunity to pick one up. Took another several grand to get to a reliable rig, but man that thing could wheel. ended up rolling it about 14 years ago, but have been hooked on yotas since. I now own 4 vehicles and a trailer, all are Yota. 4 wheel drives.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!