Author Topic: What was your first........  (Read 1790 times)

kletzenklueffer

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 27
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first........
« on: May 25, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
My dad bought my 82 Toyota new. In 87, I was 17 and started driving it full time. IT was indestructible. I tried, and couldn't break it. Once I was supposed to be looking for a job but saw a mud hole. I had to try. I told my friend that was with me that fatal statement... Watch this, this thing can get through anything! Turned out to be about 80 yard of clay. I was chuggin through fine with the factory 235 Dunlop Snow tires until I decided to stop in the middle and bog out the rest of the way. I didn't know I was buried to the axles. After a couple hours, a kid came by and said there was some pallets and stuff over the hill side, so we went and got some boards and a couple pallets and used the jack as a hammer to bust the pallets up. Lifted the truck by putting the jack on boards to distribute the weight, stuck some stuff under each tire and got back in and put it in first, 4 low and stomped it, shhifted to second in a millisecond and chugged through the rest and out we were. total time stuck was 5 hours- no job applications that day! We scraped up some change for the car wash and cleaned the hunks out of the tires (couldn't drive over 35 because they was so unbalanced by the clay).

That was the start of a passion for the truck that is still there.