Author Topic: first ones threw the Rubicon  (Read 3961 times)

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 1,876
  • Member since Feb '07
  • F***in catalina wine mixer
    • View Profile
Re: first ones threw the Rubicon
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:21:10 AM »
So by showing pictures of you using the trail when the recommendation is to not use it helps to keep it open how? The west side of the trail is in fair shape but still wet. You saw the recommendation and still decided to go and go all the way through (not threw).

The east side of the trail will have snow and be wet through June. I can kind of see if you are not paying attention to recommendations and still go. I will fight for your right to use the trail year round and I use the trail when it has snow on it. I do not, however much I ever enjoyed it, use the Rubicon in saturated conditions like there are right now.

I personally have 500 hours dedicated to keeping the Rubicon open since Jan 1 2009. Do not jeopardize that by being foolish.

Being an admin here I can take any of this down for any reason. I want to keep it here so folks can read the about the issue and make an intelligent choice about the trail. I am glad you had a good time and it seems you stayed on the trail, for that I'll give you some kudos.

Some time in the future I hope we can be at a point where the trail is in good enough shape and all the bad spots have been rock hardened, that we won't have to worry so much about recommending use or not to use. We are not there yet.

Scott

i accually rode with a friend and if my truck was worthy i proble still wouldnt have takin it not being a fan of snow.

I/we were not aware of a recomendation of not going through

and i do agree with you that wheeling in the really wet or snow covered parts of the trail ruines it. i was a passenger and had no say in heading back the way we came.

thanks  for all the help on keeping the trail open and in good shape. i acually did notice on cadillac the rock hardened areas that would proble have been a mud slide if not done.

and i suck at spelling.
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS