Author Topic: LILBUDDY's 89 Build (Built a bumper 5/17/09)  (Read 54450 times)

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Well not much is new. Went to the hammers for the tin benders jambo, ran Claw, wrecking ball and sledge. Sledge got the best of my truck right after the plaque so I had to get towed by the d50 out from there (from about 115am) and got back to camp around 330am. Long night. Ended up breaking a birf, breaking the top mount off the steering box and got a broken out headlight/grill thakns to a 6 foot tall rock that i got pullde into. claw was pretty cool but "easy" it was definitely a good time and a great way to start the weheelin for me. wrecking ball was badass and i totally owned it. i stacked osme rocks so i wouldnt struggle or break my truck but when i hit the waterfall i pretty much walked it, it was sick. kiyul got some video of it.

on the way back from hammers though the motor lost 3 quarts of oil somehow. no leaks or smoke from it but it was non existant. motor started knoicking, and thats when i knew it was low because i checked it at the lakebed, got 90 miles and it started making noise. pressure was still good on the gauge but just was gone. lost another quart in a matter of 20 miles. drove it another 250 ish till i got to modesto and i had a buddy tow me.

pretty much i havea few things i need to do before memorial weekend beacuse im goin to fordyce.

Put new rod bearings
Re seal rear end
add some thicker gear oil to tranny
install new headlights
add some LED's
maybe actaully make a front/rear bumper
fix front rocklights
weld steering box mount back on
make sure steering linkage is legit
and a few other random things

EDIT: One tons should start sometime after memorial day. May have a line on some cheap brand new 42" iroks too.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!