Author Topic: Kiyul4130s rig  (Read 502174 times)

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
Re: Kiyul4130s rig
« Reply #1620 on: Apr 18, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
we will be partying for sure.
That was a wise investment to buy new tires that are 10 ply.  I had a trip where I blew 3 tires out and couldn't find a spare that I was willing to buy.  I was stuck in a little town for the night and some shop wanted 280 for 1 tire and it wasn't even a trailer tire.  Needless to say I found some old guy who had a shop and he sold me 2 used spares for 50 bucks and put them on for me. 

After that suck ass trip I bought 6 new 10 ply bias trailer tires and have 2 brand new spares.  Thankfully my trailer has triple 7000# axles.  Its a very nice peace of mind when I'm towing out in the middle of no where, I know that if worse come to worse I can just let one axle hang and make it somewhere on 2 axles.

that was all callen. props to him on the tires for sure. well we towed both trucks today to another city and back. we went 30 miles and according to him it tows pretty well even though were gunna look like clowns going down the road.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER