Author Topic: Nor Cal off-roaders take one to the chest!  (Read 2188 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Nor Cal off-roaders take one to the chest!
« on: Apr 10, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Got my response today:

Mr. Willis, I appreciate your taking the time to express your concerns. I am sorry the story provoked such an extreme reaction.

After reading your letter, I reread the piece. I am not anti-motorsports, and did not bring such a bias to the story when I read it; I did not perceive a blanket condemnation in the way you have. As you state, the story mentions offroaders who ride responsibly. You rightfully are proud of being one of them. As you also state, those who aren't make a big impact -- an impact that even your diligence cannot overcome.

From time to time, discontented individuals tell me that they are going to contact our advertisers and demand they pull their ads or else. That certainly is your right; however, such a crusade is not only time-consuming, it tends to reflect more on you than it does on us -- and does nothing to address the matter that concerns you. In contrast, constructive discourse devoid of threats is far more likely to accomplish something productive.

If you are willing and able to condense your message to a letter (250 words), I would be happy to share it with our readers. I like to see a range of opinions reflected in our pages, particularly in response to stories we've published.

Whatever course you decide to take, thank you for taking the time to write and to read.
-- Evan
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!