Author Topic: be a good samaritan  (Read 3138 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: be a good samaritan
« on: Feb 28, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
In crossing a street any intersection with or without a crosswalk it is legal to cross, the only exception to this rule would be if the corner or intersection is marked to prohibit crossing. Crossing mid street is jaywalking period. If all he did was to take them to an intersection and help them across they would have been legal and we may not even be discussing this issue now. The person I feel the most sorry for is the driver since he was for the most part doing what he was supposed to be driving in the street unlike those that decided to cross it illegally. As a professional driver I have had a few incidents over the years and in fact have hit a pedestrian crossing/jaywalking. He had just robbed a 7/11 store and took off running, I was driving my truck next to a telephone company crane truck when he slammed the brakes. I of course was a perverbeal sitting duck. He was in front of me before I could even react.

So now he sits in a wheelchair and got a multi-million dollar settlement though the insurance. Never went to jail for the robbery either. I was as legal as anyone could be driving, light was green at the corner, and he ran across about 30 yards from the intersection.
Did he get a ticket for jaywalking?  :talkingn:

Theres a place here in St Louis where the police  set up jaywalking stings (and reverse stings!) because so many people get hit.....

The jaywalking sting sends a car or walking unit to bust jaywalkers.....the reverse sting actually sends walkers across marked crosswalks to bust drivers who dont stop for pedestrians (big fine)

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco