Author Topic: Beware of Driverz Edge Warranty  (Read 9654 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Beware of Driverz Edge Warranty
« on: Feb 25, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
First, the point of an extended warranty is to make profit for the owners of the company.  Their goal isn't to server the customer.  Having said that, I had an extended warranty on my 200 SS Camaro, that I owned a few years ago, and ended up having the transmission and rear end repaired under that warranty.  The dealership worked directly with warranty company and the only downside that I found was the fact that they were not reponsible to replace with new parts.  In my case, they tried to located a transmission in a car with similar mileage to swap out.  I don't think all the companies work the same.

I know pet warranties are almost always 3rd party meaning that the vet doesn't deal with the warranty company.  You submit your final bill and hope for a check.

I understand that.  As stated, under different circumstances, I wouldn't have gotten it.  But since I was living in an apartment, and going through my fire academy, I didn't want to have to worry about working on my truck.  I'm going to go back to the dealer I bought it from, and see what they can do for me. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent