Author Topic: Flat belly questions  (Read 4211 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Flat belly questions
« on: Feb 10, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
Most of the guys that I've seen do flat bellies cut out the whole floor, and then frame it in, and reinstall it, and recover the tunnel.  This gives the whole bottom of the cab a lot more support than just cutting out and reinstalling the tunnel. 

The angle of the transmission with or without a flat belly shouldn't make a huge difference,  I've got a feeling its a coincidence.  The only reason I could see for that is if you've got some slop in the transmission or in the mating of the transmission to the motor, and t-case to transmission.  I'm just guessing on that one.  But if you think about it, it shouldn't matter what angle the transmission is at (within reason)  it didn't grind when going uphill did it?  thats an angle change as well, and a more significant one than doing a flatbelly.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent