Author Topic: Flat belly questions  (Read 4209 times)

RynothealbinO

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 141
  • Member since Aug '06
  • 36's on no lift!
    • View Profile
Re: Flat belly questions
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »
I know when I did mine I cut out the bare minimum of what had to be cut, and it was still quite a bit.  Since it was my daily driver I had to mount the seats back in and drive it.  I did not notice any flex at all with the tunnel cut out. Until I got the tunnel back in I just put a cut out section of my plastic inner fender (since I dont run fenders lol) over the U-joint.  As far as what had to be cut out, there were some areas where it would not be a whole lot, but there are a few where the housing juts out and you need to make the tunnel go wider.  One area I know was on the front seat mounts.  I had to cut a notch out right at the inside adge of the front mount, bend the tunnel out more, and then reweld them to each other.  From what I remember, if you didn't go for a true flat belly, but setled for 2 or 3 inches of lift, you would have to cut out ALOT less.  I have a single case and I am pretty sure I could have got out 3 inches of lift by only cutting the hole where the shift boot mounts a little larger.  Another thing to watch out for is the speedo cable.  I notched my floor pan for it, and it still over flexed and broke after 20 or so miles, so you might want to consider taking a large notch that allows the cable to flow naturally instead of forcing anything.  I hope that helps.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6  Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love and in purity.  1 Timothy 4:12