Author Topic: Feast Or Famine (Decisions Decisions)  (Read 2564 times)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Re: Feast Or Famine (Decisions Decisions)
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
It is nice to be in a position to choose, but making the choice can be difficult. Sounds like you've got your ducks in a row however, and the only one I'd be somewhat skeptical about would be the shop one. I'm sure THD doesn't pay the greatest, but it sounds like it's flexible. Also sounds like some folks pulled some strings to get you in so quickly, so I certainly understand the feeling of responsibility/loyalty. It also sounds like you have some time to make the decision. The Govt job prolly won't start for 1-2 months, and you could do THD and the shop for a while.

I'd be upfront with those who have helped you, and let them know that this govt thing is cooking. Not in a way that makes it sound like you're going to absolutely take the job if you get it, but just casually in conversation. That way if it does materialize, you could just say that it was too good of a deal to pass up, and they wouldn't feel like you blindsided them. I think if they are really friends, they would be happy at your opportunity. Guarantee there are people lined up to take your place at THD, and they could fill the position if they needed to.

Hope the best whatever choice you make.

Erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!