Author Topic: Instead of watching the Presidentail Inauguration  (Read 2600 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Instead of watching the Presidentail Inauguration
« on: Jan 20, 2009, 11:18:14 PM »
They've been pumping this up to be some huge historical event, but I have to feel there were quite a few people who, like many of us, really just didn't care.  Why?  All my life I've been barraded with the notion that we're all equal, no matter what your race.  That being the case, should I make any bigger deal that a black man is president than I should if we hired a black mechanic at work?  Equal is equal, period.

Something pretty sad, some people will even go so far as to call anybody a racist if they don't believe this is something they need to follow and cherrish  :shake:  One of the guys at work, somebody who I actually like, made that comment to me, and despite trying to explain to him how ignorant that comment was, he just didn't get it.  He's one of these "bush ruined america" types, so he's latching onto any change as being good change.  Simple minds are the easiest to mold  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!