Author Topic: Mormons.....  (Read 20957 times)

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
Re: Mormons.....
« Reply #210 on: Dec 18, 2008, 04:27:44 PM »
Why did you convert to be a Mormon in the first place then? Why didnt you do more research into things in the first place? I mean, why get baptized, live the life, be sealed if you didnt really believe it all? What was the main thing that hit you like a brick to make you ib the position you are now?

I was 17 when I became a Mormon, so I didn't know much.. it all sounded good.. and the terminology was all the same that I had heard from other Christians... by the time I was married and getting ready to go to the temple, I was way into it. I was teaching the deacons, scouts on Thursdays, home teaching faithfully, yet not reading my bible.. assuming that it had been translated wrong and that I could only trust the BOM.

It wasnt jsut one thing that hit me, I mean I fought against it in my pride for almost 3 years in spite of the evidence I had been shown. I loved my wife.. all her family and was not looking for divorce. Things just started piling up.. some of the big ones were false prophecies of Joseph Smith.. there were over 50 and I thought that most could be explained away.. yet deut 13, and 18 say if even one doesnt come true, they are false prophet and not to listen to them.. then there was the passage in Galatians 1:1-6.. that said even if an angel teaches another gospel then let him be accursed.. that was exactly what moroni did... then after going through the temple ceremony a few times and trying to grasp there were other gods, when the Bible teaches the exact opposite...

There were just so many things like that that were adding up... and now I could seriously list over 100 different reasons why with biblical support.

Now I have an amazing relationship with God and know without a doubt that when i die I will be with him.. and I'm not basing it off the hopes that a man is right in his story.. I'm basing it off Gods word alone. And now that God has brought me out of spiritual blindness (which is a biblical condition in scripture) I can see the errors and I can see the truth, and I'm so thankful in what the Lord has done that I want to tell everyone..

The Lord has given me a burden for Mormon people... A great sadness comes to me when I see people believing a lie, believing a system based off mans ideas.. that I just cant sit back without saying something.

If I were seriously bitter and angry at the Mormon church and its people I would just keep my mouth shut and sit back and let them believe a lie and go to hell for it... But that's not the case.. I will put as much time, effort and energy as I possibly can to reaching even just one Mormon... This is what God has called me to and I will do it faithfully as long as I am here... not for my glory, but for His.