Author Topic: Mormons.....  (Read 21014 times)

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
Re: Mormons.....
« Reply #180 on: Dec 16, 2008, 07:13:09 PM »

Baptism for the dead is just plain nutty...  there is no scripture reference for this, and the one that mormons think works, is totally taken out of context... want me to expound on this too... sheesh!!!!!!!

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" (John 3:5)

Even Jesus Christ Himself was baptized--- 
(Matthew 3:13–17).

13-Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14-But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15-And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer [it to be so] now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16-And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17-And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead? (1 Corinthians 15:29)

The dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God - So did Jairus's daughter, the widow's son, Lazarus. (John 5:25)

1 Peter 4:6 For to this end was the gospel preached - Ever since it was given to Adam. To them that are now dead - In their several generations. That they might be judged - That though they were judged. In the flesh according to the manner of men - With rash, unrighteous judgment. They might live according to the will and word of God, in the Spirit; the soul renewed after his image.
Colorado...its where the cool kids live