Author Topic: Mormons.....  (Read 20954 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Mormons.....
« Reply #180 on: Dec 16, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »
Black Diamond..  we need to stick to false teachings of the mormon church right now.. not the ones of the SDA denomination ;)

I just went back and read this..  I cant believe I missed this statement.. "...but can't provide a compelling argument from the Bible".
You have to be kidding me... someone do a search.. we have already talked about this.. sheesh... Just because you dont like it doesnt mean the evidence isnt there... wow.

Ironically, I would say the same thing (just because you think it is doesn't make it true and the majority is often wrong  ;)) which is why we don't discuss it anymore, it's pointless at this point.  I'll say it one more time...The Catholic church claims the change from Saturday to Sunday as their own and they did it prior to any other denomination being formed.  Most of the organized denominations branched off over time because they disagreed with one or more of the Catholic beliefs, but nobody seemed to disagree with the change of the Sabbath.  It was taken for granted.  The early members of the SDA church were actually all Sunday believers from various denominations that joined together to study the Bible.

The reason I brought the subject up again is because the Mormons keep Sunday in a similar way to Adventist's which indicated a belief in the 4th Commandment.  I don't think the "do no work" part of the Commandment is found anywhere else?
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved