Author Topic: Mormons.....  (Read 21031 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Mormons.....
« Reply #150 on: Dec 15, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »
Some won't even drive on Sunday.

Some won't prepare a big meal either, when I lived in Riverside the family next door to me would cook everything on Sat. and then just heat it up. They were also into offroading and such and would go camping late Fri. and be back for Sun. service.

:yesnod: a friend of mine in high school was the same way.  His mom would prepare a meal for sunday that they could eat cold, and they were only allowed to do quiet and or family activities (ie board games, reading books, etc.) no video games, no tv.  They would only go somewhere if they HAD to other than church, and when it was nice (vacaville, CA so most of the time) they would walk to church rather than drive, as they lived in the neighborhood.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent