Author Topic: Mormons.....  (Read 20924 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Re: Mormons.....
« Reply #90 on: Dec 11, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »
Well I was born in a Roman Catholic home, and was baptized as such. I later in my young life believed that we would not be thrown into this world without a flow of information/direction from God on current issues. If not we would all still be wearing sheets and sandals for clothes. So I searched (didn't have to look hard) and found that there is a religion that believed they did still communicate with God but only through one person (the profit) of that church. So with the guidance of my brother who went to BYU I learned about the religion that he got into while there. So in 1977 I was baptized in Orem, UT by him and due to being in the Army was unable to continue practicing. Now later in life I feel that almost all organized religion is all about the money. Give us your money no matter what, no matter how much hardship it may cause you. So since money is considered the root of all evil to me that make organized religions evil, do you get where I'm going here?

Probably not so I'll explain. Since I don't have a lot of money I don't have evil within me and most churches are loaded, who is truly the evil one? I treat everyone the same without regard to any beliefs or lifestyles and most churches will tell you that if you are not in theirs you won't go to heaven or some stupid thing like that. I also have in my life gone to different religion's churches with friends that attend them and have some insight on them from discussing them with friends. From Coptic, to Muslim, to Judaism and others I have been around people that have different beliefs, even Harri Krishna and Scientology and some people believe some strange stuff within their religion. What it boils down to for me is I am very secure in my standing with God, Budda, or whoever it turns out to be in that I've lead a good life and yes made some mistakes but if God is all forgiving I'm safe since he'll forgive my mistakes.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you