Author Topic: just a sami go look is that better sorry  (Read 6784 times)

Bazzi

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 97
  • Male Posts: 1,095
  • Member since May '04
  • From Reykjavik Iceland...
    • View Profile
    • R&T
Re: just a sami go look is that better sorry
« Reply #30 on: Nov 22, 2008, 04:47:05 AM »
well for first to the looks of it you are building a truck from the parts that have been lying around for a couble of years. (you have a litle contact rust going on there) that all can be cleaned up if you like to. things look a lot nicer when soaking in oil than clean and rusting  :dunno:  donīt take this the wrong way. I am giving you a big  :thumbs: for using the things around you to make of. werry few of us have the currage to do so. we donīt have to buy laser cut frame braises and off the shelf parts. itīs a darn good challenge to throw the parts to gether that are lying around than buying a complete bolt on kits.....  believe me you will learn a lot from this.
then you will have to take your time test driving the truck when ready. you will have to have some sort of testing ground... near by that you can first take it real easy on the truck...take short trips at first and drive it slowly... then bash the crap out of  it. thatīs the only way youīll know if your build is strong enough or not. 

but for the looks of the setup. I would be worried about the frame mount on the front. to me it looks  like you are using some mounts already made. maybe not specially made for this truck. I would remake those or brase them at least  I would have the frame mount follow the frame for at least an inch longer than the mount itself. and I would make it so it welds on the frame sides not only under the frame.
and the other thing  I notice. I have been having problems with my tires to rub again the frame at the rear. your coil mount is all on the outside of the frame mine is under the frame. I donīt know how wide the sami frame is but first make sure the tires will not rub on the coil mount. test fit the tires under there and flex test it.
4runner body on a hilux frame = Hi-Runner.
 2,4 dti duals 2,28 x 2,28 to 8" 5.71 with arbīs  and 39,5" trxus
gathering parts for my goal which is
350 Chevy 700r4 auto to 2.28 x 4.70  and 4.88 9,5" cruisers diffs,diamondaxles and cable lockers, 44" richard cepecs