Author Topic: Question for all you shop owners?  (Read 6850 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Question for all you shop owners?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2008, 02:23:17 PM »
Good points and great example rs, thanks for bringing that up.  Every time I hear anybody, friend or enemy, bring up that they're going to get an oil change I always tell them to steer clear of jiffy lube, and no matter who they go to to just get the oil change only.  There is a family owned oil change place in town with 2 different locations, and they seem to have developed a reputation for honesty and good service, just can't remember the name.  Oil changes around here are fairly cheap, maybe because we have so many options, or maybe because we live in a smarter community  :dunno:

I work in a customer service based industry, and if people feel wronged we stand to lose a lot more than the cost of one oil change.  We do charge more than car places to do an oil change, but you can't just pull a boat over a lift and do a 5-10 minute oil change!  We have a large bulk oil tank, but we charge the customer by the quart so we pull quarts off the shelf.

Maybe those who feel it's ok to price gouge are living in a bigger area where you don't need to count on return business, but living in a small community you need to treat the community well in order to succeed.  It's sad when some greedy businessmen can't see past their nose, but they'll hopefully eventually burn themselves and get what they deserve!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!