Author Topic: Question for all you shop owners?  (Read 6866 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Question for all you shop owners?
« on: Nov 17, 2008, 11:37:25 AM »
Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo....
and that makes you cool.... hmmm
Wow, burn... glad the third grade period humor came out from someone probably in their 30's.

Most business's charge obscene markups, also the reason how many stay in business. The average Joe doesn't know the actual cost of the product or service. So if you are at or equal to what the market will handle you can charge that much. For example a gear oil change in your t-case at a grease monkey is $39.99... Takes less than 10 minutes to drain and refill, takes about four pints i believe. Labor is about five bucks the fluid is $0.75 bulk price from Rex Oil. Total company cost is around $8, markup of $31.... doesn't seem fair, but that what we charge and people pay it. I am not saying i believe it is right, i am saying it is what happens. Market driven prices is how this economy runs and turns such a large profit for so many business'.

Wowee!

You're witty aren't you?

Seriously man...you need some laxatives.

I would say most long term businesses charge enough to cover overhead and probably 8-10% profit.

30! I wish  :greengrin: Learn how to read a profile.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)