Author Topic: Project first gen waaaaaay overdue!  (Read 63022 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: Project first gen waaaaaay overdue!
« Reply #300 on: Oct 15, 2008, 02:55:20 PM »
It runs  :woohoo:  It cracked off on almost the first revolution, which isn't too bad considering it has 2 year old gas with 2 stroke oil in it  :ack:  Sounds like it needs to be tuned a little better to run with the current filter I have on now, but I'm hoping that's only a quick air adjustment and not a re-jet  :crossed:  Just need to get rid of the hesitation right off idle.

I let it warm up a few minutes on high idle before backing it down, then almost had myself thinking it had a miss before I remembered about the cam  :shake: 

I also should have fixed my lspv before I got to this point and am contemplating whether I eliminate it or install the one I have off an 87 2wd if it'll fit.  I kinda need it since the truck sees a lot of mutli purpose use instead of trail only, so I'm thinking I may install the new one, cut it short and rig up a bracket with a few different holes I could attach it to depending on my load.  I'm probably over engineering it though.

The exhaust still needs quite a bit of attention too.  I need to go buy a piece of pipe to attach to the header, then I can attach my flexy piece to that, then the magnaflow and probably just finish it off with a turn down for now and take it out the back of the truck later.  It'd help greatly if my welder were working too!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!