Author Topic: Optical Illusion, Things an IFS Shouldn't Be Able To Do  (Read 21282 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
IFS can do that all day long... whats the illusion??? Ive wheeled my toy with ifs for years with a bunch of solid toys and it its by far way weaker and not as fun as the SAS ive done on my 94 toyota youd be left way behind.. But I did have tons of fun with my IFS and impressed lots of people on the trail, who swear by solid axle set ups
What ever makes you :)  its all FUN!!!:) 
gotta love those yotas! 

You just don't get the point of this thread. If you knew my past with IFS and where I've taken them you may just retract that statement, sure I may not take that crazy line that some people do but I would not have taken that line even if I did have a front straight axle. I have had straight axle rigs too and sure you have a bunch more travel but I've never even done a cross over conversion on those which also limits travel. The point of this thread and others I've posted is to not scare people with IFS rigs from building them and wheeling them. Contrary to popular info it does cost more to convert IFS to SAS if you can't do it yourself and that will scare someone new to wheeling right out of the market. Most people can figure out how to do an IFS lift but to do a conversion requires some major mods that the average person may not be able to tackle.

how does that front lift effect your balljoints?  im thinking of leaving mine IFS but would put a lift later just want to gather all info i can on the IFS lift.

I see you understand it though.

The lift I have doesn't effect them at all, it is a 4 inch Pro-Comp with some little extra tricks to increase travel just a bit. I have never had any balljoint issues except for normal wear and tear. This truck has over 200,000 on it with the original frontend except for rebuilding the upper a-arms last winter. Currently I think it's time to do the axle mounts since it is starting to move a bit but other than that it's fine.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2008, 08:55:34 AM by Rocksurfer »
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you