Poll

poll

have
1 (100%)
have not
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: Apr 03, 2010, 12:30:36 PM

Author Topic: KDXSR5s Wyo DD Build: Starting To Come Together.............SLOWLY  (Read 136667 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: KDXSR5s Wyo DD Build. Yup its still here.
« Reply #240 on: Sep 26, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
Well I haven't been on in a while. Time for a little update. I put the engine back together after fixing that broken bolt situation and no more leaks. Bled the clutch. I then routed my battery cables and such and tried starting it wednesday night. It shot fuel all over out of the rear injector. Off comes the upper intake and fuel rail and a new o-ring goes in. Put it all back together. Try to start it again. Gas shoots everywhere. Cyl 3 injector leaking. Take upper intake off and fuel rail off and call it a night.
Next day I went to checker and bought 4 injector seal kits that come with the 4 seals needed for each injector. Installed those, put intake back on and fired it up. It ran for about 3 minutes then died. Started it back up and got it to run well enough to break in the cam at 1800ish rpm for 20 minutes. Turned it off and started dicking with distributor. Found it it was a tooth off and the engine was running (terribly) at some crazy number like -20 degrees timing. Put it back in on the correct tooth and set timing to 5 degrees. Starts fine and runs perfect now. Called it a night. The oil pressure is a little on the low side. New radiator seems to work really well.
Today I try to pull it out of the garage only to find out the clutch doesn't work. Oh well, at least it runs. So I had a friend come over and we towed it to the schools auto shop. My power steering is going out too. Something is wrong with it and it was going out before the engine swap. I think I will replace all the mystery fluid with some new atf and see if it changes it at all. So currently it is still sitting in pieces at the schools auto shop waiting for me to finish it up next week. Hopefully the clutch is just really out of adjustment. Update out.

Any ideas/constructive comments will be appreciated.

I would like to thank Glen, Rex, Mini, and Josh for their help in getting the truck out of the garage. You guys helped a bunch both with information and motivation boosting. Thanks! :thumbs: