Author Topic: Spill Kit Recommendations  (Read 5253 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Spill Kit Recommendations
« on: Aug 21, 2008, 09:39:20 PM »
I can't remember where I got them but you can buy drop rags that act like a diaper.  Check the auto parts stores.  I really like them because you can get them out fast and they don't make a mess.  I wouldn't take kitty littler because if you spill on the rocks its a mess to clean up.  When I dumped upside down in one of the hot tubs last year at Moab I had those diaper rags and I was amazed by how much they absorbed.  Probably around 1-2 quarts a piece.  Not bad for a glorified rag.  They're also easy to carry and pack.

i used to have a little dust pan and broom (bought in the camping section, for sweeping out tents, was $2 I think)  that was in the bucket for cleaning up the oil soaked dirt/kitty litter, but I stepped on the dust pan  :_oops:  :down:

for me, the biggest thing for the bucket isn't so much the disposal, but the ease of throwing broken/greasy/nasty parts in it, and not having to worry about wrapping them up, or wedging them in the bed somewhere.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent