Author Topic: MCR7 or Bust - Questions from a Rubicon Noobie  (Read 3988 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: MCR7 or Bust - Questions from a Rubicon Noobie
« on: Jul 28, 2008, 09:50:48 PM »
(5) Is the majority of the traffic issues on the con the result of too many rigs or people breaking down?  It seems like a lot of people make reference to people breaking.  I realize that anyone can break, but after four or five trips in Moab with no breakage that stopped me (the trip in April had several odd things happen ranging from oil pump leaks to a twin stick breaking) but I just don't see that many rig broken in Moab.  I do avoid the safari so maybe that becomes more of a problem.  Are there just a ton of suspect rigs on the trail?

(6) How much are the CB's used during the event?  I'm on the fence for getting one installed since I can't figure out exactly what I want and I am nearly always the only person to have one working when it was installed.  I hate to waste the money for a single trip.

:dunno:  kinda both, but I'd say its just the sheer # of people out on the 'con.  Lots of people getting in some last wheeling before winter, the roundup, and just the regular people who are out there a lot.  :yesnod:  In most places, the broken rigs are able to be moved off the trail, but sometimes that can take a while.

As for the CB's, I'm going to try to get one in my truck for this year, I haven't had one when I ran the trail, its no big deal to have one.  They're preferred, but usually someone in your crew or close to your crew will have one.  Anything important will get relayed to you. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent