Author Topic: [Project Reeda]yup. engines out  (Read 57589 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: [Project Reeda]not running right at all...
« Reply #420 on: Jul 15, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
Try reasoning with your parents a bit

1) they are concerned that you will screw up the red truck.  Explain to them that it isn't running correctly right now, and its just going to sit there and rot unless you do something with it.  You've learned a lot from working on the runner, and you're comfortable doing another engine swap.  You've learned how not to drive 9thanks to your brother)

2)right now they have 2 pretty much worthless vehicles sitting in front of their house (yes, I know you can part them out, get some money, whatever.  A vehicle with a shot motor and a rolled vehicle are considered pretty much worthless to most people)  By just letting them sit there, they're gonna deteriorate more, and be worth less.

Also, if you do fix the red truck, there's nothing wrong with keeping the 3.0  It isn't a bad motor.  Its had some issues, on the whole, but so have many others. 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent