Author Topic: A preventable injury at work today  (Read 2582 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: A preventable injury at work today
« on: May 25, 2008, 09:44:40 PM »
I'm sure it hurt, but I think shock hadn't passed and one of the kids wrapped his hand with clean rags and ice while he radioed the other boat that my boss was on.  He lives above shingletown and said it was a losing venture for him to come to work 5 days a week, so I don't know how it'll hit him missing the next ?? weeks?

Yea, it's definitely gonna put the screws to us a little more!  Rentals are waaaay down though, so it won't hit us as bad as it would have a couple years ago.  I'm really going to push my boss to hire back one of our old mechanics, even if it's only temporary.  He's one of the best chase call mechanics we've had, just a little spastic at times.  Plus he rides bicycles all the time and is constantly covered in scabs all the time.  Maybe that's why we get along so well  :haha:

I'm sure we'll find out more throughout the week on his condition, but I know they want to take statements from the kids on the boat to cover their asses.  Not to say they won't cover his medical expenses, because I know they will, but they just want to be prepared in case of the inevitable.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!