Author Topic: California supreme court passes gay marriage...  (Read 9376 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: California supreme court passes gay marriage...
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »
First, marriage is not a right.  You have to obtain a license to do it.   Not everybody has the right to be married.  If it was a right then it would be able to go down to the local governemnt office and say, "ok I want to get married, assign me a wife".  

Second, the law does not restrict the rights of anybody, it simply defines what a "marriage" is and is not.  

Third, if homosexuals are successful in re-defining the term marriage then it would violate my rights to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS because I would no longer be happy.

As I said before I have no problem with homosexual couples forming a legally binding union between each other, just call it something else.  

Very nice  :biggthumpup:

But, your happiness doesn't matter you selfish man you! Now go hang some drapes!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)