Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13856 times)

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 09:39:55 AM »
Being forced to take classes that you see as pointless and having to follow rules (e.g. schedules, etc..) you are learning skill that are required to be a responsible person in the real world.  I have an engineering degree and I use very little of my specific information that I studied on a day to day basis, but what I learned was how to solve problems.  General classes don't always seem productive, but looking back they do make a more well rounded person.

Being on time for work is expected for most jobs so the rules at school are beginning for forming responsible habits.

idk when you graduated HS but it fully blows now. still being a kid i know first hand and can say its a waste of time. 3/4 of the time more than half the class was zoned out or sleeping. its easy to look around and see whos paying attention or whose not.  if school was made "more fun" then attendance and grades would probobly go up. the only class i liked in 4 years of HS was welding. and what do you know, it was fun, i have some confidence in myself, it taught me to solve problems on a DAILY BASIS, i was productive, we had dead lines that we had to have :pokinit: finished or we would be back at square one and have to start over, the teacher wasnt around in the shop half the time so you had to be responsible for your self all the time and everybody was working the whole time. other classes were a joke. i enjoyed that class so much im going to be going through the welding program at butte to get certified and possibly make a career out of it. it opened my eyes to what i could make and how bitchin i could make stuff

thats all for now...