Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13905 times)

93tonkatoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 463
  • Member since Jul '07
  • drive it till it breaks! then break out the tools.
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »
There's a little something called "separation of church and state",  tax money is being spent for every minute a child is in public school. This time should not be allotted for religious activities. If parents want their children schooled on religion they should read the bible and pray at home and or attend sunday school.
Whats next?  Would you want people bowing down to bless Mohamed ten times a day in public school? I know I wouldn't.

Who is the government supposed to benefit? the PEOPLE.

The public school system is "preaching" the religion of atheism. They have mandated GOD out of public life.

This country was built on christian principles, which include tolerance. In my 5th grade class, one student's parents told the teacher that it was against their religious belief to pledge their allegiance to anyone other than GOD. That student remained seated and quiet while the rest of us stood and said the pledge. The situation was explained the first day of class, and noone had any problems because of it. If my child was in a school where it was predominately muslim, I would expect the same respect for our beliefs.

And, the "separation of church and state" was constructed to prevent the government from dictating an "official national religion" (meaning this is the only recognized religion). It has been twisted and spun to imply whatever a certain few have wanted it to mean. Was it intended to prevent your city displaying the manger scene on city property at CHRISTmas? NO. And, if there is a separation of church and state, why does the government declare Christian holidays as National holidays? sounds to me like people want it both ways.

HH, who do I have to talk to about getting my son in your school? :haha: Sounds like you and your wife are going to have some pretty well-rounded kids when it is time for them to face the world.
It ain't worth doin' if you don't have to clean up afterwards!

Build it, break it, fix it, repeat until your wallet is empty.

I shall infuse thy Jeep with the Essence of Toyota...and maybe that one won't pee on itself at the first sight of granite. - Duffil

SAVE TELLICO post 491