Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13850 times)

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:15:35 PM »
Wanna hear a funny?  My wife is a teacher and the schools are so screwed up that we homeschool our kids!!!   :rofl:

And before you give me any crap about it, my kids are NOT socially deprived.  In fact they do more than most kids who get out of school and sit in front of a video game 'til bedtime because their folks don't care enough to see what is happening or just too lazy to care.  My kids are all way ahead of their age groups and constantly ask why other people are so slow (read STUPID).  They kick butt on the other kids in sports too.  My boys are all scouts and at the head of their respective troops and dens.  My 12 year old daughter even tied for first place in the local bake-off against adults with many years of experience.

And HOLY COW you should see them ride motorcycles, drive my 4 wheel drives, ride my PWCs, and even thrash on my snowmobiles.  

I case you can't tell I'm the proud full-time father of 6, yes, you read that right, SIX great kids that all homeschool with myself and my wife as their real life instructors.  We don't send them off to a system so we can focus on ourselves and having a better car or bigger house than the neighbor...

Seperation of Church and State?  Interesting spin being put on that one.  The constitutional rights allow us to CHOOSE our religion WITHOUT being told by the government.  Why should the 7-12% of this country that don't believe in God be telling the majority what they can and can't do?  If you left wingers tell us we can't pray in school that would be an example of government interfering in our religious rights.
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6