Author Topic: Do You Support Home Schooling ?  (Read 13876 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Do You Support Home Schooling ?
« on: May 02, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »
To a certain degree I can agree with that however doesnt seem to be the case in my life.  Here I am after 6 years of college and time and time again I have found myself gratefull for the dedicated and caring teachers I have had in public schooling.  There are so many things that have stuck with me and have provided a good foundation for the things I am learning now. So to any of you that may teach I offer my thanks. That being said, not all teachers are as passionate as some that I have had, and not all school systems have the kind of contact with the students as the less populated places like montana...

As someone who just graduated last year  :beerchug: and am going to the naval academy( not to brag but to give perspective) i graduated from a public school and had a great experience that i don;t think Home school (which IMHO is not healthy)  or even private school can really match. Public school is all about what you put into it if you work hard take challenging classes and get involved in Xtra curric. you get a lot, i had to do all of the above to get an appointment and i had an excellent experience and a solid education. Also it really comes down to parents and if their going to support and guide their children, parents have to be involved. :twocents:

Maybe it's the schools here in Az...but, I suspect you two are the exception, rather than the rule. Schools and parents are both different now than back in the long ago, but having seen my daughter through school I know they're not nearly as focused as when I went to school.

Congratulations on your appointment to the academy.  :usa:  And you should brag!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)