Author Topic: A REALLY Inconvenient Truth  (Read 9133 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: A REALLY Inconvenient Truth
« Reply #30 on: Apr 23, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
Read this book... Then read it again, http://books.google.com/books?id=yhOOvF61XKgC&dq=communist+manifesto&pg=PP1&ots=IEkZJ0QVnr&sig=yGvPEagfuTqFjgAN9sucNvDiid4&hl=en&prev=http://www.google.com/search?q=communist+manifesto&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail#PPP1,M1

why would we want to read the communist manifesto?  :dunno:  I read it once in HS, wasn't impressed with the whole theory behind it.  There is no such thing as a perfect communist society.  The way we as people are made up makes it impossible.  We are competitive beings, and being forced into a government that is based around complete equality is only destined to fail.  It is that competitiveness that has made capitalism so great.  The idea that something can come along, and someone says, "Hey, I can make that bigger, better, faster, etc."  If no one got credit for their creations, or their ideas, then the system of invention, creativity, etc. would fall apart. 

If capitalism under bush was working so well right now our economy would be sucking so much right now. In addition to that my father wouldn't be without a retirement, and on the verge of being laid off if bush made it so all airlines in trouble could get the loan packages from his administration but no united was denied and they filed for chapter 11, and thus his pension was dissolved.

Since when is it the Government's job to bail out struggling businesses?  This is a big issue with our government, and one of the things that is causing some of the problems we face today.  The government is stepping in to "rescue" the financial institutions that went against everything that they knew was right, over invested, gave loans away to people who had no business receiving them, etc.  Now when the :pokinit: hits the fan, and they're left holding the bag, they cry to the government.  Don't get me wrong, I have full sympathy for your Dad, who worked his entire career, and has nothing to show for it in retirement.  The airlines are certainly struggling, there is no denying that.  My dad has taken some big pay cuts and benny cuts recently (he's an Alaska Airlines pilot) so I know how its going.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent