Author Topic: A REALLY Inconvenient Truth  (Read 9139 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: A REALLY Inconvenient Truth
« on: Apr 20, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »
according to consumer reports, while they did report about 3 years ago or so that the extra cost for the price of a hybrid was not worth the offset of the fuel savings, not so anymore. Their most recent report, due to the escalating cost of fuel, does show that they are now worth the exta $$ and the difference has come down some as well.
That being said, we personally did not want a Prius for any other reason then to stick it to the oil companies.
I don't know about all this extra weight thing, I'm still getting about 45-48 mpg regardless of what it weighs, I don't care what it takes to build it, the lithiom ion batteries it uses will go somewhere eventually, accident or no accident, it don't make me no nevermind, we didn't buy it to be green.
As far as I'm concerned I could leave a "carbon footprint" that would make sasquatch blush.
Of course they do say they do much better in flat states like FL and 90% of my driving is around town. BUT most of my co-workers driving is on the interstates and his mileage is not much different then mine. In fact, he does construction administration for our company and because the mileage reimbursment amt. is so high right now his monthly reimbursment check from the company pays his car payment.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: