Author Topic: A REALLY Inconvenient Truth  (Read 9262 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: A REALLY Inconvenient Truth
« on: Apr 19, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »

not sure... but their might be a escalade hybrid now... i know there is a yukon hybrid, and the escalade is the same truck

not saying that in defense of gore, just saying

Its  ok though, because he's paying the greenies for al the carbon credits he's using  :hahaha:

there was a video I got in an email a while ago, it showed Al Gore pulling up to some event in an escalade.  Last I heard, those weren't particularly environmentally friendly.

The other point it brought up was that it carried several hundred extra pounds of batteries, and no one has yet figured out what to do with these batteries, especially if in an accident.

:yesnod:  and tha fact that they make extrications and such EXTREMELY dangerous for FFs.  Every maker routes the power lines differently, and even the same cars of different years are different.  They bury the batteries, so they are often inaccessible, and even though they do include safety shutoff switches, they aren't well marked (emergency use only, don't want average joe knowing where they are) and in stupid places.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent