Author Topic: should i buy this bed for my first gen?  (Read 1197 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: should i buy this bed for my first gen?
« on: Apr 10, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
Its worth what you are willing to pay :thumbs:  

You're talking a 10 hour round trip, assuming 60 mph average (makes the math easier :gap: )  which means about 600 miles.  Using the GSA mileage reimbursement rate of .505 per mile, you're looking at spending about $300 to get the bed and to go home.  

The mileage reimbursement is used by the gov't to reimburse employees for travel expenses incurred on their vehicle.  Gas, other fluids, and general wear and tear are all figured in to get the amount per mile.  Granted, especially in this case, that it doesn't really apply, but it gives an idea of what something really costs when you have to go a distance to get it.  Now, your $350 bed is looking more like $650 when all is said and done.  Is it worth it?  Only you can decide.  Personally, I'd say no, because I've seen people toss beds away, because no one was interested.  
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent