Author Topic: got the cat!!!  (Read 16157 times)

tryn2Crawl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: got the cat!!!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 29, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »
I wouldn't risk driving around with a straight pipe...Not sure if you would get a fix-it ticket..More like maybe a FAT FINE....I know that if a Muffler shop was to install you a pipe to replace your CAT. and if you gey caught and prove that they did the install, they can get a $5000-$10000 FINE....And no, I did not put too many zeros on that..Thats what was told to me before when I got a new system bent for my honda...Heck, they won't even cut and weld a pipe with bolt-on flanges for a cat-size replacement..Its that scary for those guys....

i have a buddy who did own a shop and a REAL liscense CAT recycler always come around to buy Cats. Info is taken and a recept is issued for all purchases...Real liscense cat recyclers buys from auto/muffler repair shops....

And all the prices mentioned above that are paided for cats are nowhere near what they really go for from a actual liscense recycler, maybe the streets..... If I tell you how much auto/mufflershops sells them to a liscense recycler, I"D HAVE TO K-LL you....HeHe...Just kidding...Don't want to get too much info out there incase some dumbass decides to make a few bucks for my info, thats all...

It doesn't matter if your cats are ugly looking or whatsoever, Its the TOYOTA OEM Cats that they are after..Only OEM carry the most precious metal inside...