Author Topic: OH NO not again  (Read 22719 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: OH NO not again
« Reply #60 on: Mar 29, 2008, 06:04:57 AM »
in a KOA  campground cabin  :yawn:

Not just no but OH HELL NO!! It was dipping into the 20's last night and we were not prepared for camping!

We stopped at a hotel that was about 12 miles from Dundee Automotive (actually truck salvage).

Seems this is Amish country and there are big events this weekend for spring break. The room that was advertised for $71/night (double twin bed, the quuen size bed rooms only had smoking left :ack: ) was going for $79. Whatever! I just want to sleep!

BUT when we got there there was some drunk trying to wrangle a deal with the clerk.
I waited patiently, rolling my eyes behind his back to the clerk.

I guess she thought that was funny cause she said I was so nice and had come so far she would give us the room for the deal he wanted LOL!!! $50.95 for the night!! :bling:

So anyway, there was a Bob Evans right next door too, we were able to park the truck and trailer in their nice lighted lot for the night.
Had a nice dinner there last night and breakfast this morning. Must be a small town, everyone seems to know each other and I saw a lot of faces from last night in there this morning.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008, 07:05:18 AM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit: