Author Topic: Whole Lotta LUVin'  (Read 2572 times)

GDubb5150

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 45
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Lotta LUVin'
« on: Mar 09, 2008, 11:03:02 PM »
Not really much of an update, but I got the freeze plug replaced and went to get new header gaskets but Napa had to order them so hopefully by the end of this week I'll have this thing running again.  I've been excited to get the seafoam run through this thing and see the difference it makes because I know it could really use it.   My next undertaking on this truck will be rebuilding a Holley model 2300, 500cfm 2 brl that my dad sent me that he used to run on his oval track stock car. That is gonna have to wait until the IRS gets around to sending us those rebate checks because the rebuild kit is $95 and I also need to replace the fuel bowl since it has some stripped out things on it which will be about $60 or so.  The Holley "Trick Kit" has a baffle that goes in the fuel bowl to help with fuel slosh so hopefully it will work decent for off-road. Either way this carb is more well suited to the V6 than the Edelbrock 600 that is on it now. The engine in this thing already screamed and I never even had it tuned right and the carburetion has always been wrong so hopefully after the seafoam and carb change and a tune up/ oil change this thing will be insane.  :burnout:  If it has the affect I hope it will I'll have to post a vid of this thing running. Being built the way it is and having the dual flowmasters it allready sounds like a built small-block at idle, but definitely screams like a V6 when the rpms come up.

-G
Rock It Till The Wheels Fall Off!