Author Topic: crazy kid stories  (Read 3576 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: crazy kid stories
« Reply #30 on: Mar 05, 2008, 07:55:13 PM »
As a freshman in high school during woodshop, I was busy cutting something out on the bandsaw (I forget what exactly) when the piece of wood bound up on the blade. My genius self decided more force was in order...sure enough the wood all of a sudden went forward rapidly along with my thumb. Blade went straight in the top of my thumb, splitting it in two nearly to the first joint. Nice. So I grab my thumb, turn off the saw and walk over to were the teacher was grading. I tried for about 2 minutes to get his attention, all the while bleeding profusely and getting faint. Finally, he turns around and in an annoyed tone, says "what?"

I pushed my thumb under his nose and he stood up very quickly...then fainted. Maybe it was the pain or shock, but I started laughing and couldn't stop for nearly 10 minutes. For the next four years, that teacher never could look me in the eye. It was great.

:rofl:

When I was a freshman, we were doing an experiment using a bunch of pennies in science class (doing a test of carbon dating I think)  Well, my group (the troublemakers)  were at the back counter, where there just happened to be a 3 hole punch.  I decided to see if it would punch a hole in a penny.  It worked.  I tried 2, it worked again!!  I kept doing this for a while, and then my buddy decided to try 3 pennies.  He couldn't get it at first, so we both started pushing down on the hole punch.  right about that time, the room got real quiet for some reason, and all of a sudden, CHAKLUNK!!!  we succeeded in punching holes in 3 pennies at one time, and gaining the attention of the teacher.  Needless to say, we had to go sit in our chairs out on the back step for the rest of the class (he had a chair that he would put out there when someone misbehaved.  We had the unique privelige of being the first class to have to put 3 chairs out there, and he left them out there, since me, my buddy, and another guy spent so much time out there :smack: ) and we got detention :_oops:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent