Author Topic: '99 4Runner lift  (Read 17266 times)

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
Re: '99 4Runner lift
« on: Jan 31, 2008, 07:02:19 PM »
Well that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.  Why do you assume that all I did was talk to them?

I have made my opinions from my own reasearch and knowlegde of how suspensions work.  I, as somebody who has the money to buy what I want and not the time to build my own, went with a prepackage setup that met my needs as I see them.  I don't have the time nor desire to put together something like your setup.

As far as Sonoran Steel making mistakes or changing their mind.  Suspension design is suspension design, its not rocket science and nobody has a monopoly on it.  There is definately some trial and error that everyone goes through with newer vehicles and "that guy" is not immune, nobody is.  Most of the aftermarket mass produced lifts are junk.  They use spacers and drop brackets.  One thing I do know, there is more to suspension design than just springs and shocks.   

But, you know that too, you are not exactly running the OME springs and shocks as delivered.  You have many more mods.

Makes no difference to me what somebody else runs.  But I tried help the original poster make a informed decision by pointing him in the direction of a popular and inexpensive prepackaged option using what I perceive to be as quality parts.  In my opinion "lifting" a 4runner 3" without addressing rear end alignment or the front CV angles is foolish.

There is no need to get testy.  You have posed some valid questions and criticisms.  I don't have the answer, but maybe your asking the wrong person.
'04 Taco DC 4x4