Author Topic: BodyLift?  (Read 4038 times)

jvministries

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 100
  • Member since Sep '03
  • 84 dual23's elock front/detroit rear 4:56/ and so
    • View Profile
Re: BodyLift?
« on: Sep 17, 2004, 10:41:58 PM »
so let's see the body lift that is 2.5 inches on my rig didn't gain me anything right except a lower center of gravity over say a frame lift of the same height seeing as I just lifted the body higher not the frame and engine and tranny and bumpers and everything else.

anyway what I gained soon went away with the engine lift and transmision lift and gas tank liftI think it's called a drive train lift

then I lifted the frame anyways but very little 3 inches of suspension 2.5 in body for a total of 5.5 in lift so I guess the only real gain I have is that the frame isn't lifted 5 inches but only 3 instead and with flatter springs they want to flex better than over arched lift springs.

rears up front with 63's in the rear

so I don't know but it was an easy way to get cheap lift and ended up helping some in the end results since it allowed enough room under the frame for the dual batteries and the extra gas tank between the rear frame rails.

cheap and easy was the key here it took me an afternoon to install it with no experience at all as to how to do it. was a learn as you go type thing and was easy.

and as far as the auto trans goes it is a linkage issue anyways and with the right kit say from roger brown you will do just fine.

oh yeah the body lift gave me lots of room under the hood and down the tunnel until I did the drive train lift 2 inch roger brown drivetrain lift. it also allowed me to clear my tires with out cutting but with the rears up front the up travel will increase as well so I will probably have to cut now after all even with just 35 inch tires 15.5 inch wide.

too much spent to go slow
too much spent to stay low
too much spent on the go
but it's fun you know