Author Topic: truck wont start  (Read 2135 times)

DeMented Toys

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 160
  • Male Posts: 1,151
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Woo-Hoo!!!
    • View Profile
Re: truck wont start
« on: Jan 07, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
Jeff, I don't mean to thread jack but did you install a relay for switch override for your 'Black Magic' fan?
I don't remember having these problems of battery drain during my install!

No, I didn't install a manual over switch.  I didn't have battery drain problems durring install.  Offroadin88 is having problems with his truck not starting after install.  Sounds like his fan works fine.  He said the truck got hotter than normal because he had blown a fuse and his fan didn't come on initally.  Then he fixed the fuse problem and the fan came on with the truck not started and ran until the truck cooled.  If he hasn't changed anything else and his starter is good, then his battery could be low causing the selonoid to click but not turn the truck over.  This is the simplest thing to check if all his fuses are good.  Being cold out this time of year the battery may have been low or something and running the fan with the truck not started could have drained it just enough to not supply full power to the started causing it to just click.  If the battery has plenty of power and his connections are good too, then he probably fried something, which cause the blown fues to start with.  He was asking for ideas, so it is an idea.  May not be what's wrong at all, but it is somewhere to start.
Jeff DeMent

-DeMented Toys-